Thursday, August 1, 2019

Young Guv - Guv I

We are such nice guys that we composed a shopping list for your Friday.  Here it is: Guv I.  Did you write that down? Good.

Now, for those of you that need a bit of an explanation, Guv I is the latest recording from Toronto-to-New York musician Ben Cook, aka Young Guv.  Consisting of eight tracks of  melodic, peppy power pop that are perfectly written and performed.  Some may expend effort trying to tell us that this album is a throwback to '70s Big Star or '90s Teenage Fanclub or The Posies, but we think that is missing the forest for the trees.  These songs are timeless pop music -- earworms that would have thrilled you a decade ago and a decade from now just as much as they will thrill you today.  And thrill you, they will.  That's their job, and they do they business like a pro.

Guv I is out via Run For Cover Records.







Website
Twitter
Run For Cover Records page for Guv I

No comments: