Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Night Dials - "I've Done More Things"/"I'll Sleep When I'm Dead"

"I've Done More Things"/"I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" swaggers into your head with the kind of leather-jacketed strut and 'what are you looking at' attitude that brings to mind The Jesus and Mary Chain and the Velvet Underground.  Did the Night Dials' confidence in their abilities precede or follow the execution?  I can't claim to know.  But I've heard a lot of rock music in my life, and "I've Done More Things" is a jangling, buzzing, hook-filled calling card that ranks among the best in the business.  The second track on this double A-side, "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead", is a paisley underground nugget that dials back the slashing rock and suggests an intriguing depth.

On this two-track introduction the band skillfully blends pop smarts, energy, reverb, focused noise, a dash of danger, and generous measure of who-gives-a-fuck.  And they wisely leave the package of "pop preciousness" unopened.  The single is out now via Ciao Ketchup Recordings, and you can stream/buy the vinyl or digital at the Bandcamp link below.  iTunes has it as well, if you are an iTunes kind of person.





Website
Facebook
Soundcloud
Twitter
Bandcamp for release
Ciao Ketchup Recordings page for the release


No comments: