Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Caulfield Sisters: "I See Your Face" from Mohawk

The Caulfield Sisters are three women, none named Caulfield... but they play really good rock music. They've been featured on High School Reunion, a compilation of 80's covers playing the Smiths' "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want", and their latest is a 2-song release on iTunes. They do a good job at that noisy jangle that you will recall hearing from bands like Jesus & Mary Chain and a comparison to the Breeders isn't out of line.

Hopefully the album Mohawk will be released soon, but here's a recent live performance that gives a good idea of their sound:



The Caulfield Sisters on American Laundromat Records

Caulfield Sisters Myspace

Credit where credit is due: I heard this on the KEXP Song of the Day podcast, where I have discovered a lot of really good music and which I highly recommend.

KEXP Song of the Day - Caulfield Sisters

No comments: