Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Croque Madame - Croque Madame

Sometimes I just want someone to sing to me in French.  The words could even be rude insults directed towards me -- as I don't speak French I wouln't know the difference.  It just makes me feel good to hear French pop.  And on the last day of November, I need something to help me feel good.  To the rescue, is Flagstaff, Arizona's Emotional Response Records.  They have released a delightful, self-titled album by an international collective named Croque Madame.  Many of you may know a croque madame as a version of the croque monsieur sandwich with a fried egg on top.  That may sound silly.  It may sound delicious.  It may sound silly and delicious.  And that is just right, because Croque Madame is packed with silly and delicious pop.  Go ahead, feel good.  You deserve it.

Croque Madame features vocalist Florence Raynaud, with Rob Storey and Dave Perlis.  The album is available at the links below.






Bandcamp for Croque Madame
Link for vinyl and CD formats

No comments: