Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Nuggets - "Get Off Of My Cloud"



We are flying out of London today, back home to the US.

We can't leave London without honoring the greatest of all London bands, in fact, the greatest of all rock'n'roll bands, The Rolling Stones.

And for me, few if any songs of the '60's captured the garage sound better than this 1965 classic "Get Off Of My Cloud":


Keith's glasses look pretty cool there.

The first time I ever saw a live rock band was on a Saturday morning in 1966 on the South Quad of the University of Notre Dame, where a student rock band played on the porch of Sorin Hall. That was a game day tradition in those days that I think should be brought back. I was 10 years old and it left an indelible impression. I still remember that the band was playing "Get Off Of My Cloud".

No comments: