Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cool Video Thursday

Kibwe Tavares' Robots Of Brixton - featuring Hiatus-Linton collab Insurrection



A description of the project in his own words:
This was my final project in my Masters degree in Architecture. It was born from me exploring my relationship with race, class and architecture. I am from the area and I see the Brixton riots of 1981 indirectly a key driver into me going too uni and becoming/ an architect. So i wanted to retell the story with a Sci-fi twist without the associated 'baggage' of being a young black Londoner.

Tech wise, I did all the animation, modelling and CGI in 3DSMAX, compositing in After Effects. Filming on a cannon 7D, and tracking with PFtrack. I got help with the sound from the talented Mr Bennacer and DJ Hiatus... And that's it...

"L'age D'or" by Of Montreal.

of Montreal - "L'age D'or" NSFW from Consequence of Sound on Vimeo.


The video for "Gone Again" by Best Coast shows women shooting desserts at men. I don't know why.

No comments: