Friday, May 13, 2011

Old Stuff Friday - Ann Peebles "I Can't Stand the Rain"

I've got a great live performance of a terrific one for you today. The intro gives you a chance to hear the backstory behind the song, as told by legendary Memphis producer Willie Mitchell, who recently passed away. Mitchell is the architect of the classic Al Green sound, which you can hear here as well.



Most people are far more familiar with the later version of this song by the great Tina Turner, but I'm partial to this original.

And while we have a beautiful day here in the Pacific NW today at least, it's been an absurdly wet Spring, so I've been humming this tune a lot the last few months.

I was worried that Google's technical issues would keep the Soul Corner from running today, but we're back in action here at WYMA HQ.

No comments: