Monday, May 30, 2011

New Sounds of Scotland-Part 16: King Post Kitsch; The Spook School


Our lead off act today is Charlie from Glasgow, um, I mean King Post Kitsch. The King's music seems to me to be lo-fi noise/garage folk, and I enjoy it quite a bit. Here is the title song of his new album, "Don't You Touch My Fucking Honeytone". By the way, for those of you who lead sheltered lives, a Honeytone is a type of portable amp with a belt clip that a street musician might carry around (What? You thought I was going to explain another word in that song title?).
King Post Kitsch - Don't You Touch My Fucking Honeytone by Song, by Toad
His Majesty records on Matthew Young's Edinburgh label, Song By Toad Records. The album is available at Matthew's site.

And if you'd like to listen to more of His Majesty's musical musings, you can listen to Some Call It Hell, But Its Home, his previous EP, here. And it is available free at the Bandcamp link below.


Website
Facebook
Bandcamp


A band that is quite new to me but seems quite promising is Edinburgh "indie-pop-rock 'n roll"outfit The Spook School. The band consists of Naomi Todd, Adam Todd, Anna Cory, and Niall McCamley. As of this point, they are unsigned, but the band's nice two song EP is available for streaming here, and for hard copy purchase or name-your-price download at their Bandcamp site:


And if you buy the CD, the gang would like you to know:
They're all individually numbered, so you can say "I was there man! I liked them before they sold-out and did that advert where they ate McDonalds in the back of a Mercedes with Rupert Murdoch whilst kicking a small dog until it died a slow and painful death."


Their entertaining Website
Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments: