Sunday, September 30, 2012

Introducing -- Woolen Men


Woolen Men is a Portland Oregon three-piece that plays makes spacey, psychedelic, lo-fi garage rock.  They came to my attention because they shared a bill with The Mallard earlier this year, and we like The Mallard quite a bit around here.  They have released recordings on Eggy Records and Gnar Tapes and Shit.  The members are Rafael Spielman, Lawton Browning and Alex Geddes, but I don't know much else about them.  I think it is good stuff.  Give it a chance.

But now to the music.  Here is "Way Over My Head" from The Hair of the Night, which was released in January 2012 on Eggy --



The '60s tinged garage rock of "Guess I was Dreaming" --


There are two more releases on the Bandcamp site linked below -- one from 2011 and one from 2009.

Facebook
Bandcamp
Eggy Records
Gnar Tapes and Shit

No comments: