Thursday, October 20, 2011

Get to Know: The Mallard


I can't seem to find my way out of the garage lately. Truth is, I'm comfortable here and everything sounds so good. Today the sounds in Rocksteady's garage are courtesy of The Mallard -- a female-fronted San Francisco Garage/psych/surf band with a delicious swampy vibe. Get a taste with "Faults":
04 Fault by The Mallard

The Mallard was founded by Greer McGettrick (guitar/vocals), and the trio is completed by Dylan Tidyman-Jones (drums/vocals) and Dylan Edrich (bass). I read somewhere that an album is either recently out, or soon will be out. I haven't got a title or confirmation, but I'll be looking for it.

Slowing it down with "Song About the Devil":
Song About The Devil by The Mallard

The twangy ramble of "Floating"
01 Floating by The Mallard

Facebook
Soundcloud
myspace

No comments: