Tuesday, April 10, 2012

REVIEW: Bear In Heaven - I Love You, It's Cool


I Love You, It's Cool, by Brooklyn's Bear In Heaven, seems to me to be a very specific type of electro-pop. It is as characterized at least as much by its warmth and sensuality as it is its shoegaze density and rhythmic danceability. And yes, that is a lot of textures to absorb in ten pieces of pop music. But all credit to Bear In Heaven, they make it work. Here is a single from the album, "Reflection of You" --


My current favorite from the album is "Cool Light" --


I hear a bit of Depeche Mode in this album, but I Love You, It's Cool is more lush, more intimate, and distinctly more layered and vivid. It represents excellent pop/rock craftsmanship and is likely be find its way to many summer soundtracks, on the beach and in the club.

Bear In Heaven is Jon Philpot, Joe Stickney, and Adam Wills. I Love You, It's Cool is out now on Hometapes / Dead Oceans Records

"Kiss Me Crazy"



Website
Facebook
Twitter ( @BearInHeaven )
Tumblr

1 comment:

John Hyland said...

Nice review, Rock... I like these guys - Josh at Grimey's recommended Beast Rest Forth Mouth to me in 2010... http://whenyoumotoraway.blogspot.com/2010/12/bear-in-heaven-you-do-you.html
Glad they've got a new one out.