This is not music criticism. On this blog, you will only read about music we like.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
The Persian Leaps - Drive Drive Delay
Overflowing with chunky riffs, ringing chords and sweet hooks, Drive Drive Delay form The Persian Leaps delivers is a delicious winter stew of power pop, college rock and shoegaze. Think Teenage Fanclub with a touch of My Bloody Valentine and doses of the band's Minneapolis brethren Husker Du and Sugar. In my opinion, "Truth" best illustrates the band's virtues the best, but all five tracks are really good. If you like loud, muscular power pop bound together with a bit of sweetness, this is as good as it gets.
The Persian Leaps are Drew Forsberg (founder/vocals/guitar), Brad Hendrickson (bass/vocals/guitar), and Michael McCloskey (drums/vocals). Drive Drive Delay is out now in the US via Land Ski Records; check the Bandcamp link below. It will be available in the UK in early 2015.
Website
Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Land Ski Records
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I really like that mix of power pop, college rock, and shoegaze, especially when the heavier guitars are balanced with strong melodies. The comparisons to Teenage Fanclub and Sugar definitely make this sound worth checking out. I came across mostbet bonus while looking into similar bands, and this kind of loud but melodic sound is exactly what I enjoy. “Truth” sounds like a great place to start with the EP.
This sounds like a great mix of power pop and shoegaze, especially with those Teenage Fanclub and Hüsker Dü comparisons. I really like records that balance loud guitars with strong melodies and hooks. https://nvcasino-aut.com/ seems worth checking out if you’re into that kind of sound. “Truth” sounds like the track I’d start with.
Post a Comment